Sunday, March 8, 2020

Breaking The Habit

Dear self, its time.
 

Is this somehow relatable...
You're doing fine with your own thing then suddenly someone's gonna pop-up in your life out of nowhere, then you'll let them in. Ok, maybe I knew all along that I will get myself into trouble afterwards, but because you want to give this person a chance, your too in-denial  about the red flags. You welcomed this piece of shit along with thy circle of friends with your arms wide open. Without even imagining how they can be so consuming, draining and disturbing.

And after dealing with it for years, you've come to a point, a turning point. A realization that this cycle must end. Cutting them off into your life, slowly, one by one.

At first, I was hesitant, I even gave my self a deadline when to do it, but i kept delaying it, baka kasi sabihin I'm so"bitter". Some of my friends keep telling me that its okay, that my inner peace is more important than theirs. Which make sense, someone just cut me out of their life, leaving me alone, dealing with the toxicity they left behind, might as well do the same.

As per Marie Kondo's KonMari Method in Tidying Up with Marie Kondo, when you are decluttering, before you throw your stuff away, hold onto that item first, then ask yourself, does this thing still bring happiness?, if it still sparks joy keep it, if it doesn't, then its time to thank them and let go.

I think it also can be applied with people in your life. When that person, or group of people no longer serves your life anymore, just simply cut them off.

It will give you more sanity that you deserve and self love.

No comments: